From May 2nd through 5th Pepco attended the bi-annual IEEE PES and T&D Conference and Exhibition in Dallas, Texas.
Pepco employees who attended included:
•Brian Goldfarb (Corporate Power & Distribution Product Sales Manager)
•The Akron Branch National Power & Utility Packaging Group including:
o Josh Fickeisen (Utility Product & Packaging Sales Manager)
o Chris Metzger (Utility Project & Sales Manager)
o Jim Ohman (Project Manager/Business Development)
o Gary Heasley (Project Manager)
o Andrew Dailey (Outside Sales)
More than 700 companies and thousands of professionals from more than 80 countries from around the world attended the largest and most collaborative show in the T&D industry! The conference is held every two years and is considered the largest and most attended tradeshow in North America with respect to the Utility/Power market the National Packaging & Utility Division operates within. The majority of Pepco vendors and key Pepco High Voltage customers have exhibit space or attend this conference. This tradeshow is important for Pepco representatives to attend because is a perfect environment to setup small impromptu meetings with decision makers, and discuss both current projects and future opportunities.
We came away with many positive outcomes from attending the tradeshow:
1. Built and strengthened relationships with new and current customers and vendors.
2. Learned of several new products Pepco’s existing vendors have developed we can go to market with immediately.
3. Received inside information to several acquisitions that will happen this year that should strengthen our overall product and services offerings.
4. Met with numerous engineering groups and learned of project opportunities that will be sent out as requests for quote and PEPCO will be added to the bidders list.
5. Met with Key Engineering Groups/Customers including:
•New River Electric
•Sargent & Lundy