Based at: Akron, Ohio Branch
Pepco (Professional Electric Products Company) is a premier electrical solution distributor and packager that provides a full line of quality products, support personnel and expert services that has met the needs of customers and the electrical industry for over 50 years. Pepco offers tens of thousands of products from over 200 of the industry's top manufacturers. Pepco is uniquely positioned to bring value-added services and cost efficiencies to assist its customers with power distribution, utility & high voltage, industrial, automation, data/communication, lighting, safety/tools and national packaging products and solutions. Pepco is privately owned and employs more than 170 highly experienced, service-oriented professionals and engineers at its eight locations throughout Ohio.
Pepco is seeking an experienced Sales Manager focused on the electrical industry in the Akron, Ohio region. The Akron Branch Sales Manager will report up through the local District Manager and is responsible for all Akron branch sales, including developing and maintaining customer and vendor relationships, as well as attending and sponsoring industry related events and entertainment.
The ideal candidate will possess sound analytical skills and good business acumen, with advanced skills in Microsoft Office products. Additionally, the ideal candidate will have a well-rounded and in-depth knowledge of the electrical industry in the Akron market, including broad product knowledge, and a refined understanding of the customer base and competitive layout. The aforementioned requirements, duties and skills are intended to be a general overview and not an exhaustive list. More detailed information with respect to the requirements and functions of the Akron Branch Sales Manager can be addressed during an interview.
- Achieve all revenue goals within branch by ensuring profitability of sales
- Supervise all industrial sales opportunities by making sure your team is setting up appointments and making personal visits to current and potential customers
- Provide support to sales team. Assist to resolve any issues that may arise and can recommend prevention of any future issues in order to maintain positive and professional relationships with all customers
- Take action from all competitive pricing and customer feedback reported to you by your sales team
- Able to analyze all market trends to maintain profitability of Pepco and recommend strategies to improve profits
- Develop and implement various sales programs to facilitate sales and assist to retain and grow customer base
- Oversee sales team’s negotiations, preparations and executions of all verbal and written quotations, projects and blankets to secure orders in conjunction with support staff
- Perform financial analysis of all products and forecast all sales requirements
- Manage all communication with purchasing and sales department
- Recommend appropriate price changes for new products
- Participate in various trade shows and conventions
- Possesses strong presentation skills for large and small groups
- Performs other duties as required
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Electrical product knowledge
- Management Experience
- Familiar with Microsoft Office and able to perform basic computer and technological skills
- Possesses leadership qualities to drive accountability and operate with integrity
- Time management and organizational skills to maximize efficiency
- Ability to communicate clearly, both verbally and in written form
- Attention to detail
- Can be adaptable to any situation that may arise
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Possesses strong work ethic
- Goal driven
- Maintains positive attitude
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2-5 years’ experience managing a sales team, with experience in the electrical field
Additional Details:Pepco offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, prescription drug, vision, dental, disability, 401(k) and paid-time off.
Pepco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate qualified individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status or physical or mental disability.
Please email your resume to email@example.com for consideration.