Reports to: Branch Sales Manager
Based at: Eastlake, Ohio Branch
Pepco (Professional Electric Products Company) is a premier electrical solution distributor and packager that provides a full line of quality products, support personnel and expert services that has met the needs of customers and the electrical industry for over 50 years. Pepco offers tens of thousands of products from over 200 of the industry's top manufacturers. Pepco is uniquely positioned to bring value- added services and cost efficiencies to assist its customers with power distribution, automation, communication, utility & high voltage, industrial, lighting, safety & tools and national packaging products and solutions. Pepco is privately owned and employs more than 140 highly experience, service-oriented professionals and engineers at its five locations throughout Ohio.
Pepco is seeking an experienced Outside Sales Representative focusing on the industrial OEM/MRO markets for the Northeast Ohio region. Candidates’ area of expertise should include a broad background with industrial control products, motors, drives and automation solutions. Experience selling within Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) customer segment and also Maintenance, Repair and Operational (MRO) a must. A diversified background in the commodities to support these solutions also a plus. Candidates primary function will be end-to-end selling of appropriate products and solutions with a heavy focus on organic growth within existing accounts and development of new business.
- Obtains opportunities for orders by setting up appointments and personally visiting current and potential customers, verifying bills of material, and communicating expected delivery requirements and customer value-added needs
- Reports industry trends, competitive pricing and customer feedback to management
- Increases orders by suggesting related items, explaining product features and understanding a customer’s buying history
- Negotiates, prepares and executes all verbal and written quotations, projects and blankets to secure orders in conjunction with support staff
- Researches and provides solutions that are unique and best fit a customer’s need
- Continually identifies, develops and maintains new and current customer & vendor relationships
- Develops a Business Acumen-Industry
- Performs other duties as required
- Must be comfortable with presenting product information to technical professionals.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Industrial market/product knowledge preferred
- Familiar with Microsoft Office and able to perform basic computer and technological skills
- Possesses leadership qualities to drive accountability and operate with integrity
- Time management and organizational skills to maximize efficiency
- Ability to communicate clearly, both verbally and in written form
- Attention to detail
- Can be adaptable to any situation that may arise
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Possesses strong work ethic
- Goal driven
- Maintains positive attitude
- High School Diploma. Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- 2-5 years’ experience in outside sales with experience in the industrial field.
Pepco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate qualified individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status or physical or mental disability.
Please email your resume to email@example.com for consideration.